Refugees help refugees:
Many people in Germany volunteer for refugees.
With the increasing number of successfully integrated refugees, we are working together to support needy refugees in their daily lives. We also try to integrate them into society more quickly.
Our work at a glance – what we do
We take care of people who have been registered in the cities of Darmstadt, Berlin and Mainz and live in the accommodation provided or in self-rented apartments. Our voluntary and free advice and support is open to refugees regardless of their origin, religion and belief, age, gender or language.
• Accompaniment in everyday situations: (eg escorting to doctors, arranging refugees for local helpers / networks, assistance with formalities, etc …).
• Assistance in concluding contracts (purchase, rental and work contracts)
• Support in office and government contacts – in person and in written contact.
• Accompaniment to counselling centres, authorities and offices as well as other institutions – to support your concerns.
• Assistance in understanding and sorting of government post and help with completing applications.
It is important to us: our workers and partners work exclusively on a voluntary basis and in cooperation with full-time specialists. We do not offer advice, therapy or other services. The accompaniment does not take place in the sense of a representation (see § 13 SGB X paragraph 4), but in the sense of an honorary mediating activity and moral support. All authorities’ sponsors are subject to secrecy.
Accelerate the integration process and improve the chances of integration.
Accompanying the integration of refugees
Strengthening volunteering by people with a migrant background.
Facilitating the daily lives of refugees.
Find ways to deal with conflict situations – a way to self-helping
Promotion of migrants in all areas of social, cultural and political life.
Accompanied pronunciation in conflict situations.
Help for self-helping for adult, responsible people who want to orient themselves in the German society.